Change Your Smile To WOW!!!
• Wear your retainers full time, until the doctor instructs otherwise.• Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking reading, or singing out loud to get used to them faster.
• When retainers are not in the mouth they should ALWAYS be in a retainer case. Pets love to chew on them.
• Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
• Retainer replacement is expensive… with proper care they will last for years.
• Keep retainers away from hot water, hot dashboards, pockets, the washing machines, and napkins.
Caring for your Retainer
• If you must take your retainers out when eating, always put retainers in their case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
• Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing your retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors.
• Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If retainers are lost or broken, call the office immediately.